Thursday, June 7, 2012

Song of Solomon 4:9

Song of Solomon 4:9 (ESV)
"You have captivated my heart my sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace."

Captivate: to attract and hold the attention or interest of, as by beauty or excellence. To capture. Fascinated.

God is captivated by me. WOW! I'm not really sure what to say about that. God, the creator of the universe is captivated by me, a broken girl who fails every day. That's crazy. I don't' think it's even possible to really understand how amazing that is. God is so in love with us, and we often forget about him. How often are we captivated by God? I think probably when I first got saved I was captivated by God but then over time that fascination faded away. It doesn't have to be that way though. When we really seek after God, and are reading his word we will be captivated once again by his beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment