Thursday, December 6, 2012

365 Project

There are all kinds of 365 projects out there, but I've always looked at them as something impossible to complete. This coming year I think I'm going to try my own. I want to make art every day this next year. It can be anything and any size. I'm also thinking about making small pieces of art every day to sell, and the proceeds will go to a charity of my choice at the end of the year. If I sold each piece for $5 that would make a lot of money in one year. I'm going to keep thinking about it this month and decide what I want to do.
I want to learn new styles/ techniques and I think doing art every day will help me to grow as an artist and learn new things. One artist that I absolutely love is Agnes-Cecile and I would love to learn her technique. So that's one of the things I'm going to work on this next year. I also want to practice just portraits in general and get better at that because right now I kind of suck. So I want 2013 to be a year of transformation in my artwork. Hopefully that will include being able to sell my art, and just share it with others. But even if no one else ever owns a piece of my art it will still make me happy creating.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of making small art to sell for charity! It's brilliant! You might be on to something here!

    ReplyDelete