Thursday, March 14, 2013

Etsy Shop Progress Update

Well, things are coming along for my etsy shop. Right now I'm trying to get my art room/studio cleaned up so I can work more efficiently. I actually set out on this journey about a month ago and have yet to complete it. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. But I'll get there, and I seem to be on track for opening my shop in two weeks. I think I will set the official opening day for April 1. I'm excited to get things going, and hopefully discover more about my own artistic style through this experience.
I've been working on some graphic design things for my etsy shop, and I have rediscovered my love for graphic design. I took a class in high school where we learned pretty much the entire adobe creative suite, and I loved it so much. But, since it's all so expensive, after the class ended I really didn't get to use the skills i learned. So I have decided that I want to purchase at least InDesign. It's so much fun to use, and if people like the designs I've come up with so far I will work on more and hopefully be able to save enough money to purchase the program in the future. InDesign ,by itself, costs $699. So it's going to take a lot of saving, but you can help by purchasing from my etsy store.
Leading up to April 1 I will be posting sneak peaks of what my etsy store will offer. So stay tuned for the first sneak peak this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment