Friday, January 17, 2014

A New Journey



                This week I started my classes with Liberty University Online. These are my very first college classes, and I have to admit I was a bit nervous. But, now that I have my first week almost done, I’m feeling much more confident. I’m sure it’s going to be a struggle at times, but I’m so excited to finally get started on my goals for the future. I am getting my bachelor’s degree in psychology, and will later go on to a masters and eventually a doctorate. Those are, of course, long term goals; but I also have some short term goals.           
                My first goal is to just get through the first two classes. I am taking a total of 4 courses this semester. Two classes the first 8 weeks and two classes the last 8 weeks. I think after getting through the first courses I will be feeling much more confident, and comfortable with online learning. It’s been interesting so far.
                My second goal is to get ahead. The program is set up to take 4 years, but I really want to get it done faster than that. I am planning on taking some classes throughout the summer, and then taking more than 4 courses in the Fall semester. I would like to be able to get my degree in 3 years. I believe if I stay focused and work hard I can get it done.
                My third goal is to get a job. I have been unemployed for far too long. It’s been difficult because I have a few physical limitations that really limit the kind of work I can do. Hopefully, after getting a semester or two of college under my belt, there will be at least a few jobs opportunities open up. I will at least be able do some substitute teaching after I get enough credits. That will be very helpful in getting our debt paid off, and being able to save money for a home in the future.
                Aside from school goals, I have realized another goal I should have: quiet time with God. I really haven’t been doing much reading lately, and I don’t even have a good excuse. Not that any excuse is really a good one, but you know what I mean. I’m home pretty much all the time, and don’t really have that much to do. Sure now I have school, but it doesn’t take up my entire day. Another goal is exercise. I keep telling myself I’m going to start exercising, but it just never happens. It really needs to though. I have a feeling some of my physical problems would improve at least a little if I were more in shape (round doesn’t count).
                My final “goal” is to use this blog more often. It doesn’t really have a central topic or focus other than “The Things Going on in My Mind” which is why it’s called “Into the Mind of a Creative Soul”. I feel like I can post about anything here and it doesn’t have to fit into a certain category. I can write about art, or I can write about Jesus and it’s totally ok. I’m sure there aren’t really that many people that read it any way, but it may be a good place for me to just put my thoughts so I can look back on them later.
                Well I think that’s all I have to say for right now. Who knows, I may write more later… it’s all up to me. Stay tuned for more exciting news about what goes on in my mind. J

No comments:

Post a Comment