Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 14

So the reception for the exhibit was tonight. It was alright. I didn't win anything, but that's ok. Not really sure what I my overall opinion of it was though. I have mixed feelings. But my art will still be up for a little over a month so people will still see it. I felt a little like I didn't fit in though because my art was totally different than everything else there. So I'm not sure what people think of it. I hope people like it, but I don't know.
Hopefully sometime we'll get to display our art in a gallery where it will be for sale, and not to be judged for a competition. That will be so much better. So I guess just pray that things work out for us to be able to do that, and I'll have to work on painting some things that I'll be willing to let go of and sell. I have a problem with that most of the time. I really like the things I paint, and I don't want to get rid of them I want to keep them all. It's my own creation, and I'm the one who forms it from the very beginning, it's hard to let go of.
I'm learning that it's pretty hard to get support for art. So many people say the like it, but they aren't willing to invest in it and that's pretty sad. Like I'm not just posting stuff for people to look at and say it's good. I'm posting it all so that people will want to buy it. Maybe it's just not that good... idk... if you read this please tell me what you really think of my art. I really want your honest opinion. Please. I'm begging you. Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment